Come work with us and grow with us!
Due to expansion, we are looking for a Product Developer to join our R&D team based in Evesham. The R&D function plays a key part in developing and delivering new and innovative product launches for corporate campaigns and customized projects for our key customers.
What will you do as an Product Developer?
As a Product Developer you will be allocated projects that you will lead from concept to launch, delivering the project on-time, in full, ensuring you adhere to customer and Europastry requirements and delivering the margin requirement as briefed. You will also provide technical expertise and product knowledge to support the commercial team, attending customer meeting & trade shows. You will perform the following activities;
- Developing new products from concept to launch as detailed on customer briefs and for internal campaigns.
- Ensuring ingredients and calorie requirements conform to customer brand standards, company standard and regulatory compliance for the appropriate countries.
- Handles all project paperwork including costings, new product set-up documentation, new ingredient approval, recipe, costing set-ups and keeps accurate records.
- Communicate project status, actions and any updates in a clear & timely manner.
- Sourcing new ingredients, fit for purpose in terms of cost and meeting design, customer and site requirements.
- Testing recipes in development bakery and scaling up for production.
- Sample preparation, assessment & distribution.
- Running NPD trials, preparing all information and overseeing first productions.
- Supporting commercial teams with customer visits.
- Fluent in English, any additional language, i.e. Spanish / Dutch beneficial.
- Degree in Food science, food technology, Nutrition or similar.
- Minimum 3 years food manufacturing experience ideally with a sweet or savoury bakery background.
- Recipe formulation and bakery science knowledge / experience beneficial.
- Has a genuine passion for food and product innovation.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Self-starter, who works proactively rather than reactively.
- Strong interpersonal skills with advanced organisation skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
- Attention to detail, ability to identify errors in time and make any necessary adjustments.
- Ability to work both independently & in a collaborative team environment.
Fancy this great challenge?
Send your motivation and CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about this vacancy, please contact our HR department on telephone number +31 541 784445 (available Monday to Friday).